Monday, August 3, 2009

A New Block Started Enrolling A New Journey - Part 2

Assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera

First of all, you would be quite confuse=puzzled=wondering=thinking=worst of all tension. I hope tension is not in the list. Nevertheless, you sure will be quite puzzled if you haven't read yet the same title of post in my other blog which you can view by simply clicking at 'Sallihin' under My Link. I hope you enjoy reading it even it seem to be quite boring.

This week is the second week of our third block which is 'cell and tissue' block. As usual, there sure will be lecture enrolled from morning till afternoon. But, last week there was an addition of session like demo and discussion which is held in MDL(multidisciplinary lab). During the session, we were to observe slides under LM(light microscope) in pairs. It was interesting because we were observing the slides and try to identified the desired cell or tissue.

Last week also, there was a slot with Professor Rani, former Dean of PPSG. He came and give some speech among dental 1st year student(us) and at the end of the session, we had chances to asked a few questions to him before he leaved.

Today, we had our physiology practical which I felt very interesting. Do you know why? Because I had a chance to see for myself, for the first time a CENTRIFUGE!!! What' that? I, myself don't really know, but what I can tell here is, that machine is use to separate substances(usually in liquid form) which is in different density. The final result would be substances arranged in test tube layer by layer according to their respective density. The reason I'm interested with this divice is, this device is used in an experiment by scientist few decades ago about replication of DNA. The details I'm not really sure, but that's the reason. That's all I can say.

Ther's a lot more that I want to share here, but somehow I think it's enough till here as there's a lot of thing I want to do like revision,maybe...

Wassalamualikum.

No comments: